Experienced doctors and nurses are on hand to treat people with serious injuries and those in need of emergency treatment.
Patients are assessed and seen in order of need, and it is not necessary to make an appointment.
People should come to the Emergency Department if:
- You are experiencing symptoms of a stroke
- There has been a serious head injury with heavy bleeding
- The person is, or has been, unconscious
- There is a severe broken bone or dislocation
- The person is experiencing severe chest pain or is having trouble breathing
- The person is experiencing severe stomach ache that cannot be treated by over-the-counter remedies
- There is severe bleeding from any part of the body